Heavy Duty pedestal style Bearing Housings designed with split castings for easy Bearing installation and maintenance.
Plummer block housings are used with high-capacity spherical roller bearings or self-aligning ball bearings. They are manufactured from high-strength cast iron as standard but are also available in cast steel or spheroidal graphite cast iron. The housings have lubrication facilities and can be used with either oil or grease lubrication.
Plummer Block Features
- Split Plummer block design allows for easy mounting and dismounting of pre-assembled shafts.
- Sealing options – Plummer Blocks have a range of sealing options including oil seals and labyrinth seals.
- Case end covers can be fitted.
- Relubrication points are provided to ensure relubrication of the bearing depending on orientation.
- Housings can be fitted with spacer rings to lock the shaft in the correct axial position. These can be removed to enable small axial movements of the bearing within the housing.
Need Assistance Selecting the correct Plummer Block?
If you need assistance selecting the right Plummer Block for your particular application, please give us a call and talk to one of our knowledgeable staff. We’re here to help and problem solve for you.